01743 718 871
Make sure that environmentally friendly engineers are maintaining your cooling systems by calling
01743 718 871
New regulations came into effect on the 4th July 2011 requiring anyone who is maintaining refrigeration or air conditioning equipment containing refrigerants covered by the F-Gas regulations to hold either a C&G 2079 or a CITB J01 qualification.
Fluorinated greenhouse gases (F-Gases) are gases used in refrigeration systems that, if released, are far more harmful to the environment than carbon dioxide.
The principal objective is to contain, prevent and thereby reduce emissions of F-Gases that harm the environment.
All the engineers at Cutts Refrigeration are fully qualified to handle F-Gas refrigeration repairs and maintenance in an environmentally friendly way.
What you need to know:
- Keeping records
- If you have any equipment containing 3kg or more of an F-Gas you need to keep records of the quantity and type of F-Gas installed.
- Equipment labelling
- All equipment containing refrigerants must be labelled with the amount and type of refrigerant.
- Regular leakage inspections
- 3kg charge and above - needs to be checked at least once every 12 months
- 30kg charge and above - needs to be checked at least once every 6 months
- 300kg charge and above - needs to be checked at least once every 3 months
If you require further information on F-Gas regulations you can visit the following sites: